Here's a recipe for flavorful Lime and Corn Pork Mince Meatballs using Popamies rubs:
Ingredients: For the meatballs:
- 1 pound (450g) ground pork mince
- 2 tablespoons Popamies rubs (any flavor of your choice)
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
For the lime sauce:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork mince, Popamies rubs, corn kernels, green onions, minced garlic, lime zest, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on a plate or baking sheet.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet, in batches if necessary, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are browned on all sides and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the lime sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch until smooth.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the skillet and set them aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Pour the lime sauce into the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet and toss them in the lime sauce until they are well coated.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat and garnish with additional lime zest or chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serve the Lime and Corn Pork Mince Meatballs as an appetizer or main dish with steamed rice or noodles.
Enjoy the zesty and flavorful Lime and Corn Pork Mince Meatballs made with Popamies rubs!